How do different age groups interact across the social web? - Key Take Aways
Let’s start with the basics: 26% of Millenials (people born between 1978 and 1994, so aged 16-32, and the first generation to be “raised” on the internet) access social networks at least once a day. Millenials also spend an average of 23 minutes online every day. Something like this you might have expected
- The average Facebook user is 38 years old.
- The average Twitter user is 39 years old.
- The average LinkedIn user is 44 years old.
- The most active age range across the social web is 35-44 year olds (25%) in comparison to just 9% of 18-24 year olds.
- The highest majority of Facebook users are aged between 18-25 (29%) while on Twitter the highest majority of users are 26-34 year olds (30%).
I guess the internet is getting older …